Dr. Brian Winsor and Mrs. Beth Mendonca are the founding members and corporate principals of The Paideia Academies, Inc.
- President – Dr. Winsor is the president and CEO
- Vice President of Academics – Mrs. Beth Mendonca
- Vice President of Curriculum and Instruction – Ms. Victoria Garrison
Mrs. Beth Mendonca is also the Director of Data and Intervention of the Paideia Academy Inc, specific responsibilities. She has 30 years of education experience to include special education, administration, and consultation. She is the designer of the Response To Intervention model of delivery services for Paideia Academies and the co-founder, along with Dr. Winsor of The Paideia Preschool South Mountain.
Dr. Brian Winsor, founder of Paideia Academies, has been an educator for over 25 years. He has a bachelor’s degree in education, a master’s degree in special education, and a doctorate degree in educational leadership. He was a junior high school teacher of students with learning disabilities and behavior disorders. He has also been an elementary school principal, consultant for schools on leadership, curriculum, instructional strategies, as well as academic and behavior intervention.
Dr. Winsor has taught many graduate level courses in administration and special education at the University of Phoenix ground campus. He is frequently sought after for instructional leadership coaching, teacher workshops, and presents at several national conferences and annually at the Arizona Charter School Association conference.
GLOBAL DISPUTES & INVESTIGATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Mitchell Davison is an experienced, and enthusiastic business professional specializing in corporate financial investigations. Mr.Davidson has expertise in leading investigations of company policy, compliance, and other ethical violations. He effectively communicates results through financial models, memoranda, and expert reports. Mr. Davidson further has expertise in conducting risk assessments, training staff, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to promote win-win scenarios.
Latin American Cultures
Economic Damage Analysis
Expert Report Writing
Financial Statement Analysis
Evidence Analysis Currently employed as Associate Regional Counsel for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT (2016) Storrs, CT M.S. in Accounting
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (2012) Provo, UT B.S. in Accounting; Global Management Certificate (Spanish)
STANFORD UNIVERSITY (2011) Palo Alto, CA Management Decision Making; Decision Analysis (Summer Semester)
CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Public Accountant (CPA, California), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), IFRS Certificate
Born on the western coast of Africa to a Nigerian father and Russian mother, this remarkable woman entered the Paideia family with gusto. Along with her two Paideia scholars, Joanna has been actively involved in every school event since the inception of Paideia. She organized and lead Paideia’s first parent volunteer group adding truly amazing activities to the school’s calendar in our first year. Ms. de’Shay is an international designer and business owner of her private label the Black Russian.
- Masters of Fine Arts Fashion Design (MFA) – Academy of Art University / San Francisco, California 2013
- Masters of Art in Organizational Management (MAOM) – University Of Phoenix / Tempe, Arizona / 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Business Marketing (BS) – Arizona State University / Tempe Arizona / 1995
OWNER AND FASHION DESIGNER BLACK RUSSIAN LABEL (BRL) – PHOENIX, ARIZONA
- Building a successful women’s, contemporary Ready to wear label from the ground up
- Developed logo, marketing collateral, branding, look-books and web presence for label
- Envision, illustrate, develop and implement successful, ready to wear collections
- Develop and create custom patterns for collections
- Cut and sew first samples to be sent to manufacturer to be graded
- Source fabrics and negotiate price, quantity and delivery of fabrics, trims and closures
- Facilitate domestic and overseas manufacturing for collection
- Create tech packs and cutting tickets to fulfill orders
- Create and execute runway shows for various Nationwide Fashion weeks
- Collaborate with retail stores to market and sell collection in various boutiques
Mr. Benjamin Tietgen comes with legal education and boutique IP firm experience assisting emerging to medium -sized businesses to strategize for and secure full-scope IP protection, including U.S. and foreign trademark and copyright registration and enforcement; trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings; patent, trademark, copyright, software, and other technology licensing; music licensing; website usage and other e-commerce agreement drafting; and IP portfolio management, particularly IP asset transfer and ownership issues. Registered Patent Attorney with 7 years’ U.S. and international patent prosecution experience. Computer science background for counseling software companies, particularly web and mobile application developers, as well as companies with software and hardware licensing needs.
- Arizona State University College of Law – Juris Doctorate degree in May 2007
- Univeristy of Missouri College of Engineering – Bachelor of Science degree in May 2002
Mrs. Martinez is a long-time Paideia mother of 2 scholars with vast experience in business accounting. She is bilingual (English and Spanish) and has strong connections in the Latino community of Paideia. She brings years of experience in business accounting – payroll, accounts receivable and payable and customer services.
Summary of Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly skilled in payroll processing as well as AR functions.
- Compile accounting tables of cash receipts, expenditures, P&L statements.
- Effectively analyze reports and financial data.
- Learn accounting procedures and systems quickly and effectively.
- Hard worker with high level of integrity and organization.
- Work well with customers and co-workers.
- Make decisions and solve problems efficiently.
Universidad de Occidente
Degree in Business Administration and Finances, graduated top 5%
Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico 1996-2000
National College of Professional & Technical Education
Diploma in Accounting, graduated in top 10%
Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico 1990-1993