The 7 Habits – Paradigms, Principles and Practices
|Habits||Basic Definitions / Paradigms||Principles||Practices|
|1. Be Proactive||You’re in Charge /
|Responsibility, Initiative||· Pause and respond based on principles and desired results.
· Use proactive language
· Focus on your Circle of Influence.
· Become a Transition Person.
|2. Begin With the End in Mind||Have a Plan /
Two Creations, Focus
|Vision, Values||· Define outcomes before you act.
· Create and live by a Personal Mission Statement.
|3. Put First Things First||Work First, Then Play /
|Integrity, Execution||· Focus on your highest priorities.
· Eliminate the unimportant.
· Plan every week.
· Stay true in the moment of choice.
|4. Think Win-Win||Everyone Can Win /
|Mutual Respect and Benefit||· Build your Emotional Bank Account with others.
· Have an Abundance Attitude.
· Balance courage and consideration.
· Consider other people’s wins as well as your own.
· Create Win-Win Agreements.
|5. Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
|Listen with your ears, eyes, heart /
|Mutual Understanding||· Practice Empathic Listening.
· Listen for ideas and feelings.
· Respectfully seek to be understood.
|6. Synergize||Together is Better /
|Creative Cooperation||· Value differences.
· Seek 3rd Alternatives.
|7. Sharpen the Saw||Balance Feels Best /
Whole Person – Body, Mind, Heart, Spirit
|Renewal||· Achieve the Daily Private Victory.|