Hello Paideia families!
AZMERIT writing testing went very well today. Please congratulate your scholars for staying focused and working hard!
We are here to…empower the whole person- body, mind, spirit, heart- through education.
Habit of the Week:
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood Please see resources at Franklin/Covey The 7 Habits I think you’ll especially like the video, “It’s not about the nail”.
“I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” ― Larry King
“Most people don’t listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply” Stephen Covey
|5. Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood||Listen with your ears, eyes, heart Balance Consideration, Courage||Mutual Understanding||
Suggestions for teaching Habit 5 throughout the week (Focus on the pillar “Heart”):
- See this blog from the leader in me weekly to teach habit 5: https://limweekly.org/teach-leadership-habit-5/
- Discuss and analyze how the characters you are reading about are (or are not) seeking first to understand
- Discuss and analyze morning quotes about seeking first to understand/ good listening habits https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/win-win
- Discuss or write about the practices of habit 5:
- Practice empathic listening
- Respectfully seek to understand
- Have scholars discuss or write about examples in their own lives of empathic listening and any connection it has to their education at Paideia
AzMerit is officially here!
April 1- AzMerit WRITING
April 2- AzMerit Reading 1/ Math 2
April 3- AzMerit Reading 2/Math 2
April 4th-5th: Make-Up Testing
Please continue to encourage your scholars to BE AT SCHOOL EACH DAY and to prepare mentally and physically for the test—getting enough rest, eating proper meals, etc.
Leader in Me:
Leadership Day is coming up on April 26th!