Good evening Paideia families!
I hope you are had a wonderful weekend. Please read the following memo for updates and reminders.
We are here to…empower the whole person- body, mind, spirit, heart- through education.
Habit of the Week: Habit 1: Be Proactive.
“You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius
Suggestions for teaching Habit 1 throughout the week (Focus on the pillar “Body”):
- Discuss and analyze how the characters you are reading about in school are (or are not) proactive
- Discuss and analyze morning quotes about being proactive https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/proactive
- Discuss with your scholar the practices of habit 1:
- Pause and respond based on principles and desired results
- Use proactive language
- Focus on your circle of influence
- Become a transition person
- Have scholars discuss examples in their own lives of being proactive and any connection it has to family and their education at Paideia
Leader in Me:
Continue to model and utilize leadership notebooks in your classrooms. Keep in mind the purpose of the notebook:
- The notebook should be a reflection of each scholar
- Allow your scholars to choose what they would like to put in their Victories/Celebration section—writing pieces they are proud of, blue ribbons, certificates, math papers they are proud of, etc.
- Track lead measures along the way (use lead measure list—let me know if you would like another copy of this)
- The next step is having a cadence of accountability. If you’re ready for that next step in your leadership notebook use in your classroom, check out the blog below!
Leader in Me Weekly Blog:
Cadence of Accountability https://limweekly.org/cadence-of-accountability/
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING LEADERSHIP DAY!
Leadership Day will NOT be on March 8th. It has been rescheduled to Friday, April 26.
Upcoming this Week:
- Math and Science Week
- March 1 – Spring Festival 5:00-8:00 pm
- March 1 – Deadline to turn in your scholar’s “Intent to return to Paideia” form. If you don’t turn in the form you may be placed on a waiting list so hurry and get the form turned in to your scholar’s teacher.
- March 4 – Open Enrollment for non-Paideia students.
Math and Science Week
February 25-March 1
- Math or Science Seminar- ask your scholar to tell you about seminar!
- Scholar/Family Bridge Building Challenge – to be completed at home and brought to Spring Festival March 1—We sent out a blast and posted to Facebook.
- Spring Festival on March 1, 5:00 to 8:00.