We are here to…empower the whole person- body, mind, spirit, heart- through education.
Habit of the Week:
Habit 4: Think Win-Win by seeking solutions where everyone can win.
Learn more by clicking this link and watch the video “Green and Clean”! Think Win Win
“The true test of character is to live win-win even when promoted to positions where win-lose is possible.” ― Orrin Woodward
Suggestions for teaching Habit 4 in your home throughout the week (Focus on the pillar “Heart”):
- Emotional Bank Account activities
- Discuss and analyze how the characters you scholar is reading about are (or are not) thinking win-win.
- Discuss and analyze your scholar’s morning quotes about thinking win-win https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/win-win
- Discuss or write about the practices of habit 4:
- Build Emotional Bank Account with others
- Have an Abundance Mentality
- Balance courage and consideration
- Consider other people’s wins as well as your own
- Create win-win agreements
- Have scholars discuss or write about examples in their own lives of thinking win-win and any connection it has to their education at Paideia
Think Win/Win songs
Leader in Me:
Leadership Day is coming up on April 26th!
Leadership Day is a celebration of scholar leadership that occurs annually. We invite entire families to participate in this very special day. There will be school tours, a leadership assembly, presentation of leadership notebooks, leadership team representatives (farm team, leadership coaches, GEMS, Girl Revolution, art, choir, sports clinic, yearbook, drama team, etc) and a demonstration of how scholars at Paideia use the 7 habits daily.
AzMerit Testing Schedule
April 1- AzMerit WRITING
April 2- AzMerit Reading 1/ Math 2
April 3- AzMerit Reading 2/Math 2
April 4th-5th: Make-Up Testing
Please continue to encourage your scholars to prepare mentally and physically for the test—getting enough rest, eating proper meals, etc.
Supply List for 2019-2020 School Year
All grade levels need to make sure to include on the supply list a 1-inch binder of the scholar’s choosing for their leadership notebook.