Hello Paideia community!
Every week Ms. Garrison sends a memo to the teachers to keep us coordinated and focused. I thought I would begin sharing it so that you could support the work we’re doing in the classroom at home.
Math and Science Week- Please Read and Mark Your Calendar!
February 25-March 1
- Math or Science Seminar
- Scholar/Family Bridge Building Challenge – to be completed at home and brought to Spring Festival March 1
- Math Field Day:
- K-2 Tuesday, February 26 (Time TBA)
- 3-5 Thursday, February 28 (Time TBA)
- 6-8 Friday, March 1 (Time TBA)
- Spring Festival on March 1
Habit of the Week – the Four Ls: Live, Love, Learn, Leave a Legacy
Every person has a legacy. You may not know what your impact is, and it may not be something that you can write on your tombstone, but every person has an impact on this world.
Suggestions for teaching LLLL throughout the week (Focus on the pillar “Spirit”):
- Discuss and analyze the legacy of characters from your family and from the literature your scholars are reading in school (or how the characters embrace- or perhaps do not embrace- any of the 4 L’s)
- Discuss and analyze morning quotes about living, loving, learning, and leaving a legacy https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/legacy
- Discuss or write about why we say this in morning assembly—“I am here to live, to love, to learn, and to leave a legacy”
- Have scholars discuss or write about examples in their own lives of LLLL and any connection it has to their education at Paideia
Leader in Me:
The Leadership Notebook is an important part of the Paideia scholar experience. Ask your scholars about their notebooks.
Leader in Me Weekly Blog:
- Reinventing Your Life with the 7 Habits https://limweekly.org/reinventing-your-life-with-the-7-habits/
I hope this assists you in connecting what your scholars learn and do at school to your home life.